Heat exchangers in pulp and paper industry
The exchangers used in pulp and paper mills are dimensioned according to the suspended matter content of the fluids treated and built to satisfy a need for rapid cleaning and no wearing parts.
Fluids treated by Barriquand heat exchangers
Barriquand proposes different heat exchanger solutions for fiber-laden fluids, according to the type of fluid and the space available.
- Black liquor: Barriquand heat exchangers recover energy from the black liquor (produced by the burning of fibers) for re-use.
- Back water: Barriquand heat exchangers are used to heat and cool the paper wash waters in order to reach the setpoint temperature.
- Effluents: Paper mills must comply with legislation that requires their waste water to be treated in a purification plant before being discharged into the natural environment at a temperature below 30°C.
- The operator can save money by recovering heat from the effluents before discharge (even below 30°C).
Other exchanger applications in pulp and paper industry
- Heat exchangers on utility fluids
- Production of hot water
- Fuel heaters (natural gas, heavy fuel oil)
- Kettle (evaporator-condenser, heat transfer oil, superheated water, etc.)
- Heat exchangers for waste water treatment plant
Fill the form