HEAT EXCHANGERS FOR PROCESSING NATURAL OR COMPRESSED GASES
Gas processing operations include stages of compression and of expansion (separation, transport, distribution, etc.) that induce thermal effects and with them a need to heat or cool the gas using Barriquand heat exchangers.
Various types of gas processed
Each Barriquand heat exchanger involves requirements and particular technical specifications that impose suitable dimensioning and design.
- Gases found in the air (nitrogen, oxygen, argon)
- Natural/fossil gases
- Synthetic/synthesis gas
- Combustion gases
- Methanation gases
Construction file and quality tracking of the exchangers
Barriquand meets the specific needs of the various players in the sector through the choice of design, of the various types of construction, and of the grades of materials.
Barriquand builds exchangers that comply with the various construction codes (CODAP, ASME, etc.) and applicable regulations (PED, U STAMP, SELO, TÜV, etc.).
Every step in production, up to final receiving in the plant, is validated by the quality departments under the supervision or oversight of approved organizations and designated inspectors.
The strengths of Barriquand heat exchangers in the processing of gases
Thermal and hydraulic dimensioning:
- Thermal efficiency: high heat exchange coefficient
- Dimensioning with a very low heat transfer approach
- Construction of high-pressure exchangers – up to 500 bar
- Low pressure drops
- Fouling and corrosive fluids
- Straight-tube exchanger or U-tube exchanger with free expansion
- Smooth, wide channels, with no points of contact, that can be adapted to the fluids
- Self-draining circuit
- Installation in horizontal or vertical position
- Numerous materials available
Other Barriquand heat exchanger applications
- Exchangers on utility fluids
- Production of hot water
- Fuel heaters (natural gas, heavy fuel oil)
- Kettle (evaporator-condenser, heat transfer oil, superheated water, etc.)
- Heat exchangers and spare parts in stock, delivered promtly
- Maintenance everywhere in the world
- Customer service for many makes of plates and gaskets in Metropolitan France
- Custom revamping
- Your process evolves, and Barriquand is there to help
- Traceability of your heat exchanger and archiving of your technical documentation
[Case study] Reheating juice in sugar refineries: performance and energy savings
Barriquand’s exclusive Platular® welded plate heat exchanger technology is recognized for its performances and its assets in the sugar industry worldwide.
Meet us at PHARMACOSMETECH 2020
From September 15 to 17 in Chartres (France)
SEPEM SUD EST 2020
We will be at SEPEM Avignon from September 29 to October 1,2020. Visit us STAND D52.
24 & 25 March 2020
Let’s meet Barriquand team in PCH Meetings in Lyon, France!