Heat exchangers in organic and mineral chemistry
In organic and mineral chemistry, various steps require the use of heat exchangers in order to perform operations such as unit heating, cooling, condensation, evaporation and drying.
Barriquand heat exchangers are used in numerous chemical processes such as:
- Ammonia and fertilizers
- Organic solvants
- The Polymers industry: PEHD, hydrogen peroxide, propylene oxide
- Production of methionine, ethyl acetate, fatty acids, siliconized products, etc.
A construction file and quality tracking for every exchanger
Particular requirements and technical specifications for each process impose suitable heat exchanger dimensioning and design.
Thanks to our extensive experience in organic and mineral chemistry and more than 50 years of know-how, Barriquand thoroughly understands the specific needs of each of its clients. Therefore, we are in a position to choose between different designs, various construction types, and distinct materials grades, according to the codes (CODAP, ASME, AD MERKBLATT, etc.) and regulations applicable depending on the country (PED, U STAMP, SELO, TÜV, etc.).
For each exchanger, a construction file is prepared in our engineering and design departments at Barriquand and ASET. Each step in its production, right up to its final reception in the plant, is validated by the quality
The strengths of Barriquand exchangers in organic and mineral chemistry
Thermal and hydraulic dimensioning:
- Thermal efficiency: high exchange coefficient
- Dimensioning with very low temperature pinches
- Low losses of head
- Fouling and/or viscous fluids
- Desuperheating and undercooling
- Condensation in high vacuum
- Apparatus easy to open and clean
- Smooth, wide channels, with no points of contact, that can be adapted to the fluids
- Self-draining circuit
- Small volumes
- Installation in horizontal or vertical position
- Multi-circuit construction: several utility circuits on the same exchanger
- Inert/liquid separation
- Many materials possible
- Finish according to requirements (surface condition, electro-polishing, mechanical polishing, etc.)
- Free-expansion exchanger
Other heat exchanger applications
- Heat exchangers on utility fluids
- Heat exchangers on CIP (cleaning in place)
- Production of hot water
- Fuel heaters (natural gas, heavy fuel oil)
- Kettle (evaporator-condenser, heat transfer oil, superheated water, etc.)
- Heat exchangers and spare parts in stock, delivered promtly
- Maintenance everywhere in the world
- Customer service for many makes of plates and gaskets in Metropolitan France
- Custom revamping
- Your process evolves, and Barriquand is there to help
- Traceability of your heat exchanger and archiving of your technical documentation
Meet us at Expoquimia Trade Fair 2021
From September 14 to 17 in Barcelona (Spain)
[Case study] Reheating juice in sugar refineries: performance and energy savings
Barriquand’s exclusive Platular® welded plate heat exchanger technology is recognized for its performances and its assets in the sugar industry worldwide.
Meet us at PHARMACOSMETECH 2020
From September 15 to 17 in Chartres (France)
SEPEM SUD EST 2020
We will be at SEPEM Avignon from September 29 to October 1,2020. Visit us STAND D52.