HEAT EXCHANGERS FOR PHARMACEUTICALS AND FINE CHEMICALS
In the synthesis of a molecule, Barriquand heat exchangers are used to perform heating, cooling, condensation, evaporation, and drying operations.
Fine chemistry produces elaborated and complex molecules for many industrial fields such as paints, pigments, flavors, silicones, pesticides, fuel additives, lubricants, materials plastics, perfumes, textile, water treatment, surface treatment, surfactants, etc. In pharmaceutical chemistry, these molecules are the active ingredients in medication.
This high added value, specialized chemistry, is characterized by synthesis processes in which security, energy and water management play a big role. Heat exchange phases are numerous and critical in order to increase productivity and reduce production costs. Barriquand plate heat exchangers or tubular heat exchangers enable you to optimize these processes in compliance with good manufacturing practices.
A construction file and quality tracking for every exchanger
Particular requirements and technical specifications for each process impose suitable heat exchanger dimensioning and design.
Thanks to our extensive experience in fine chemicals and more than 50 years of know-how, Barriquand thoroughly understands the specific needs of each of its clients. Therefore, we are in a position to choose between different designs, various construction types, and distinct materials grades, according to the codes (CODAP, ASME, AD MERKBLATT, etc.) and regulations applicable depending on the country (PED, U STAMP, SELO, TÜV, etc.).
For each exchanger, a construction file is prepared in our engineering and design departments at Barriquand and ASET. Each step in its production, right up to its final reception in the plant, is validated by the quality departments under the supervision or oversight of approved organizations and designated inspectors.
Barriquand exchangers’ strengths in fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals
Thermal and hydraulic dimensioning:
- Thermal efficiency: high heat exchange coefficient
- Dimensioning with very small temperature differences between the hot and cold sides
- Low pressure drops
- Fouling and/or viscous fluids
- Desuperheating and sub-cooling
- High vacuum condensation
Construction and design:
- Units are easy to open and clean
- Smooth, wide, “free-flow” channels, without contact points, adaptable to every fluid
- Self-draining circuit
- Small volumes
- Installation in horizontal or vertical position
- Multi-circuit construction: several utility circuits on the same exchanger
- Incondensible/liquid separation
- Numerous materials available
- Finish according to requirements (surface condition, electro-polishing, mechanical polishing, etc.)
- Free-expansion exchanger
Other Barriquand heat exchanger applications
- Exchangers on utility fluids
- Exchangers on CIP (cleaning in place)
- Production of hot water
- Fuel heaters (natural gas, heavy fuel oil)
- Kettles (evaporator-condenser, heat transfer oil, superheated water, etc.)
- Heat exchangers for WFI & PW water
- Heat exchangers and spare parts in stock, delivered promtly
- Maintenance everywhere in the world
- Customer service for many makes of plates and gaskets in Metropolitan France
- Custom revamping
- Your process evolves, and Barriquand is there to help
- Traceability of your heat exchanger and archiving of your technical documentation
Meet us at Expoquimia Trade Fair 2021
From September 14 to 17 in Barcelona (Spain)
[Case study] Reheating juice in sugar refineries: performance and energy savings
Barriquand’s exclusive Platular® welded plate heat exchanger technology is recognized for its performances and its assets in the sugar industry worldwide.
Meet us at PHARMACOSMETECH 2020
From September 15 to 17 in Chartres (France)
SEPEM SUD EST 2020
We will be at SEPEM Avignon from September 29 to October 1,2020. Visit us STAND D52.