Heat exchangers for WFI and PW distribution
The exchangers used on treated water distribution loops are chosen, dimensioned, and built according to the thermal program to be implemented and the quality of the water concerned. This concerns purified water (WF) as well as water for injectable preparations (WFI).
The required technologies and connections are mastered
Barriquand heat exchangers can perform heating/cooling followed by a temperature hold while preserving the quality of the treated water.
We master the various technologies (gasketed double-wall plate and double-wall tubular), the quality of finishing (roughness down to 0.25 μm, with no retention zone, mechanical polishing, electro-polishing, etc.), and the types of connection required (DIN, SMS, clamp, pharmaceutical flanges).
Gasketed double-wall plate heat exchangers
For the least critical water, in order to avoid any physical contact between fluids, Barriquand recommends a gasketed double-wall plate heat exchanger design.
This makes cross contamination by an inter-circuit leak impossible. Any leaks will always be drained to the exterior and can be detected immediately.
Double-plate tubular exchangers
This technology is recommended for water of the most critical quality and for HT thermal programs.
Double-wall tubular exchangers ensure the complete absence of cross contamination. The quality of finishing is very high (no dead zone, complete gravitational drainability, roughness requirements, etc.).
- a 3.1 materials certificate for the metallic parts in contact with the fluids
- an FDA certificate for the gaskets
- a test report
- a CE certificate if applicable
- an operating and maintenance manual
- a roughness certificate
Barriquand heat exchangers are suitable for the following fluids:
- softened water
- osmosed water
- de-ionized water
- demineralized water
- purified water (PW/HPW)
- water for injectable preparations (WFI)
Other Barriquand heat exchanger applications
- Heat exchangers on utility fluids
- Heat exchangers on CIP (cleaning in place)
- Production of hot water
- Fuel heaters (natural gas, heavy fuel oil)
- Pharmaceutical process heat exchangers
- Heat exchangers and spare parts in stock, delivered promtly
- Maintenance everywhere in the world
- Customer service for many makes of plates and gaskets in Metropolitan France
- Custom revamping
- Your process evolves, and Barriquand is there to help
- Traceability of your heat exchanger and archiving of your technical documentation
[Case study] Reheating juice in sugar refineries: performance and energy savings
Barriquand’s exclusive Platular® welded plate heat exchanger technology is recognized for its performances and its assets in the sugar industry worldwide.
Meet us at PHARMACOSMETECH 2020
From September 15 to 17 in Chartres (France)
SEPEM SUD EST 2020
We will be at SEPEM Avignon from September 29 to October 1,2020. Visit us STAND D52.
24 & 25 March 2020
Let’s meet Barriquand team in PCH Meetings in Lyon, France!