Heat exchangers in the coke industry
Barriquand proposes heat exchanger designs suited to its customers’ needs in the coke industry, which are easy to open for inspection and are aimed at limiting fouling in the long term.
Exchangers to cool the emulsions resulting from the scrubbing of coke gas
Barriquand’s Platular® welded plate heat exchangers serve to cool the emulsions resulting from the scrubbing of the coke gas so as to optimize the operation of the installation.
The Barriquand solution allows for mechanical cleaning to eliminate the tarry deposits that can form in spite of any implemented chemichal cleaning solutions.
Barriquand heat exchangers are used in the following processes:
- The extraction or stripping of benzene (debenzolizing) and oil from coke gas
- The extraction of ammonia (NH3) and hydrogen sulfide (H2S) (desulfurization)
- Gas cooling
Other Barriquand heat exchanger applications
- Heat exchangers on utility fluids
- Production of hot water
- Fuel heaters (natural gas, heavy fuel oil)
- Kettle (evaporator-condenser, heat transfer oil, superheated water, etc.)
- Purification plant exchangers