Heat exchangers for WFI and PW distribution
The exchangers used on treated water distribution loops are chosen, dimensioned, and built according to the thermal program to be implemented and the quality of the water concerned. This concerns purified water (WF) as well as water for injectable preparations (WFI).
The required technologies and connections are mastered
We master the various technologies (gasketed double-wall plate and double-wall tubular), the quality of finishing (roughness down to 0.25 μm, with no retention zone, mechanical polishing, electro-polishing, etc.), and the types of connection required (DIN, SMS, clamp, pharmaceutical flanges).
Gasketed double-wall plate heat exchangers
This makes cross contamination by an inter-circuit leak impossible. Any leaks will always be drained to the exterior and can be detected immediately.
Double-plate tubular exchangers
Double-wall tubular exchangers ensure the complete absence of cross contamination. The quality of finishing is very high (no dead zone, complete gravitational drainability, roughness requirements, etc.).
- a 3.1 materials certificate for the metallic parts in contact with the fluids
- an FDA certificate for the gaskets
- a test report
- a CE certificate if applicable
- an operating and maintenance manual
- a roughness certificate
Barriquand heat exchangers are suitable for the following fluids:
- softened water
- osmosed water
- de-ionized water
- demineralized water
- purified water (PW/HPW)
- water for injectable preparations (WFI)
Other Barriquand heat exchanger applications
- Heat exchangers on utility fluids
- Heat exchangers on CIP (cleaning in place)
- Production of hot water
- Fuel heaters (natural gas, heavy fuel oil)
- Pharmaceutical process heat exchangers